KnewWays is a website created by Brian David Hardin.
The site contains my thoughts and videos on KnewWays to Evolve. There are interviews I’ve done, conversations I’ve had and events I’ve covered. It’s my personal library of wisdom from people I’ve met from all over the world on subjects ranging from the scientific to the metaphysical, to paranormal, to practical tools to evolve. All to assist you in arriving at more happiness, joy, and freedom in your life.
30 Things about Brian D Hardin
1) I am addicted to thought and addicted to creativity… I am always making something, studying something, or playing something. I believe that “imagination is more important that knowledge”… I try to “play” more then I “think”… I follow my intuition… my heart… turn off the judgment… including judging myself. I’ve been “blessed” to be able to meditate and be in “ceremony” with many great elder leaders (Lakota, Hopi, Mayan, Tibetan, Inka, Mexica, Teotihuacan, Aymara, Zuni, Navajo, Huichol, Havasupai, Cherokee). I am focused on sharing messages of hope and understanding to the world… I’m obsessed with creating great projects and sharing a clear explanation of what changes are happening to humanity and how we are all unifying and collectively raising and shifting our consciousness.
2)I believe that my thought process is still similar to when I was a kid. I knew God as a child… it was simple… God is GOOD… God is Kindness… God is Love! I’m a fearless optimist… I believe that all “problems” exist in order to teach us lessons and to help us to learn and grow. I believe that every crisis is really just an opportunity for growth. I believe that a true “Angel” shows up as the “Devil” and a true “Devil” shows up as an “Angel”. Duality is complex. Reality and “truth” can be simple. “We are all just here to grow and learn, and share and care, and give and receive. Give Love, Get Love! Laugh More ,Worry Less, and Love All, with Gratitude!”
3) Starting in 3rd grade, I collected “QUOTES”… I love inspirational quotes… my first was from Abraham Lincoln, “Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” I love when a quote can teach you in 5 seconds, what an entire book attempts to teach. I like to dramatically “OVER PUNCTUATE”!!!
4) I died and “came back” at the age of 16… they now call it a “Near Death Experience”… football accident… ruptured spleen… internally bleeding for 7 hours… died on the operating table… “I saw the light”, I got to review my life as I headed “towards the light”… what I saw was all of the problems, victories, crisis, joyous and bad times… every event that I was to “learn and grow from”… when I got to “the light”, there wasn’t a bearded white guy named “GOD” or anyone else in physical form… only the “feeling” of God and love… it was beautiful, peaceful, calming… a familiar “home”… I was bathed in love, security and had a deep connection to ALL… I accessed all knowledge, all wisdom, all of history and the future… then I was asked the question, “Have you fulfilled your life’s purpose?”… my answer… “NO, I’m a virgin, put me back!”… instantly I re-entered the tunnel and got to review my life “lessons” again… a few moments later, I woke in the recovery room… a guy came up to me and I said, “are you an angel?”… his reply was “No, I’m your nurse, have some water and go back to sleep!” This event taught me that we are all “Energy Beings”, here to love, spread joy, learn, grow, share, play, be fearless, laugh and evolve. I’m trying to fulfill my “life’s purpose”. I love you… I love everyone… and everything… even the “problems” and “crisis”… because they are just here to help us to learn and grow. Evolve. We are not a body with a spirit… we are a spirit with a body.
5) I started Film making in the late 80’s, with my first video camera, I started asking people, “If you could change the world, how would you do it?”… now, 25 years later, I am still making a film with that same approach. “Beginning is Near” is a film about the universal changes in collective consciousness. We are all here to grow and share and spread our love and joy.
My grandmother passed in 2005, and within a month I was “sent” on many of my spiritual quests. I now “know” things that many years ago seemed ridiculous. There are many layers to the “unseen”. Albert Einstein said, “What is inconceivable about the universe is that it is at all conceivable.”
6) I made a film called “Compassion Rising” for the Dalai Lama and got to deliver the film to him, meet and be blessed by him. He is compassion that is alive… “My religion is very simple. My religion is love and kindness.” … Bob Marley said “One Love”.
7) In 2007, I traveled to Peru and Bolivia with the Mayan High Priest and help him get a 2000 year old Mayan Staff returned… yes, the Mayans are still alive, there are over 400 Mayan elders that all consider this man their spiritual leader… he is the Mayan timekeeper… if anyone heard about “2012”… what the “white guys” and the media said was always a lie… this man knows the REAL TRUTH… it is a NEW BEGINNING… the “End of the World AS WE KNOW IT”… it isn’t a call for Apocalypse, Armageddon or Global destruction… it IS a call for all of us to open our hearts and our intuition and allow for our “ways of old” to disappear and new harmonious ways to emerge. Hope not Fear, Love not Hate… cooperation and compassion. ETHICS Must Overcome Ego, Greed, Ignorance and the “powers of old”! This became a film called “Shift of the Ages”.
8) In 2007, the Tibetan Oracle asked me to travel with him for 4 weeks… as the Nechung Oracle, he is the spiritual protector of the Dalai Lama and has reincarnated… in trance, he can actually see into the future of the world… the fourteenth medium of the State Oracle. He is an artist and became my friend… and optimistic beautiful man with his heart open. He taught me that it is truly possible to speak without words. Amazing guy.
9) Towards the end of 2007, I traveled with the Hopi and Mexica Native American Indians on a 1,800 mile RUN from Mexico City to the Hopi Reservation in Arizona. The Hopi graciously allowed me toshoot video and interview elders on the Rez… including spending time with Hopi Grandfather Martin Gashweseoma and going to “Prophecy Rock” with him. Their prophecy is that we are at a crossroads… we have a choice between respect for all of nature or for the existence of humanity to end.
The Hopi say… “There is a river flowing now very fast. It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold on to the shore. They will feel they are being torn apart and will suffer greatly. Know the river has its destination. The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open, and our heads above the water.”… as times are getting tough… we must trust and follow our intuition… “WE ARE THE ONES THAT WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR!” In late 2008, I got to visit with the Lakota Chief Arvol Lookinghorse and speak of the White Buffalo Prophecy.
10) I’ve given up on most material things and focused on things that have helped me to foster my spirit and creativity. Shortly after losing my entire life savings… I moved to LA in 2000, to begin a spiritual journey… I began to “play” more… I ran media for Deepak Chopra… lived in Quiet Riot’s old house… moved to the beach for 7 years where I got to watch the sun set over the ocean every evening… then under the Hollywood sign in Beachwood Canyon… then I moved to Ventura… now, I’m just one block from where the Wizard of Oz was made. Beach air, sunshine, creativity, music, magic and organic food… hard to beat.
As a kid, I hated the rigid way that we were “taught”… all head, no heart… not creative enough for me… so now, I create from my heart, not my head… my secret… don’t think… follow your intuition… feel and “play” the music… I just make it feel good… it is the “feeling” that we remember. It is never too late to follow your dreams… don’t waste your life… do what you love… no regrets. I believe that “Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.” True success is just happiness, and we can decide to be happy… happiness is a choice and a “practice”… it takes “practice”.
I recommend “Love and Kindness” as a religion for all… “Do Unto Others”… the “Golden Rule”. Seek Joy and Happiness by innocently sharing your gifts with LOVE and Gratitude but without fears. Love is the only thing that is real.
Here is a story that came from the Hopi Indians…
Hopi Elders’ Prophecy- Oraibi, Arizona, June 8, 2000
You have been telling people that this is the Eleventh Hour, now you must go back and tell the people that this IS “the Hour”. And there are things to be considered. . . .
Where are you living? What are you doing? What are your relationships? Are you in right relation? Where is your water? Know your garden. It is time to speak your truth; Create your community. Be good to each other. And do not look outside yourself for your leader.
Then he clasped his hands together, smiled, and said, “This could be a good time! There is a river flowing now very fast. It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold on to the shore. They will feel they are being torn apart and will suffer greatly. Know the river has its destination. The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open, and our heads above the water.”
“And I say, see who is in there with you and celebrate. At this time in history, we are to take nothing personally, least of all ourselves. For the moment that we do, our spiritual growth and journey come to a halt.”
“The time of the one wolf is over. Gather yourselves! Banish the word ‘struggle’ from your attitude and your vocabulary. All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration.”
“We are the ones we’ve been waiting for.”
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.—Edward Everett Hale
Let’s dedicate ourselves to the following:
ETHICS ARE OVERCOMING POWER… so let go of our old ways and embrace change. Recognize the need for CHANGE within our environments, ourselves and all parts of our lives and give up resistance to the change. Removing the old patterns and unwholesome things in the way of making these changes. Stepping out in FAITH. “Be the change that we want to see.”
Exhibit Unconditional LOVE for ourselves… and then all other beings as equals… including mother earth. “Love one another.”
Be in JOY and happiness… spread your joy in service to others… “do unto others, as we would have done to ourselves”… “you get what you give”.
Remain in WONDERMENT with Innocence… lose your judgments of the world and be more present in the moment… the way we operated as a child… following our INTUITION and our HEARTS… not our MIND… staying in the “NOW”. Be present in the moment… not the past and the future. “There is only NOW.”
Become FEARLESS… recognize that all of our “problems” are really just “opportunities” to grow and learn new lessons. This means that we give thanks for our recent “problems” and commit to not repeating the same action again. “It’s all good!” We GROW… we LEARN… we LIVE… we ENLIGHTEN ourselves by dropping our “heavy” old patterns and embracing a new way of being in the flow of nature. We act “natural”, not “normal”… we follow our INTUITION. And we give appreciation for ALL lessons. All crisis is really just and opportunity to grow.
Being APPRECIATIVE of our lives and our relationships… both “good” and “bad”… they all just help us to grow and teach us new lessons. Appreciation goes beyond Gratitude because it implies the desire to pay it back (or forward) with interest so that it “appreciates” like an investment.